Friday, December 19, 2008

Too Dire

Ok, so maybe my last post was a little dire? Just tellin it like I see it. I could candy coat it and make it all happy happy but that would be defeating the point. The truth is it's not all a bed of roses all the time. Sometimes things don't go the way you would like them to. The problem is there's just nothing you can do about it. I can't change the economy or the weather. I can try and be positive 100% of the time but thats not real either. Not writing about it is an option I suppose. But if you're reading this you're most likely interested in whats happening so you might as well really know whats running through my mind. In the end, it all comes down to perspective.

A couple of days ago a young man from the island was seriously injured in a snowboarding accident. As I understand he is paralyzed as a result. I am so sorry to hear that news. Another example of things just happening that we have no control over. In comparison I have no problems to complain about what so ever. This young man will have some hard times to get through. I wish him and his family and friends all the best. You can do it.

For us, The kale will grow, the roots will survive, the cauliflower will thrive and so will I. Spring will come, grass will grow, dollars will flow. All will be well. Our economy will return, we'll all be better for it in the end.

And for now? Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

Keep well,

Farmer John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope things do indeed turn around for you soon. this weather has been brutal. our low was 13 this week but things are looking warmer from here on out for us. I guess washington is getting hit harder this weekend than us????? but it's still crazy enough here that 4 of 4 xmas gatherings we were planning to attend were cancelled/changed location/changed time. maybe parties don't seem important but I was looking forward to catching up with people I haven't seen in months. so busy, you know.

anyhow, I hope you get through the rest of the weather fine. and I hope you get lots & lots of early csa sign ups!!!!!! hoorah for csa!

Anonymous said...

that was me btw: katie of oakhill